Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Spirit of the Tea Party

Peaches and Cream Scone

Teacups
"Listen, for I will speak of excellent things."
~The Book of Proverbs
-
I think there is a little child inside all of us that
longs for a lovely time of childish imagination,
of special manners ....or maybe even "dress up."
It is hard to resist a tea party and I have been
known to share a cup of pretend tea with
two young people in my life. I'm smiling
as I recall the conversation that consisted
of polite interest in the weather, but mostly
the ravenous appetites for tea treats.
The teapot played familiar tunes
when the tea was poured.
"I'm a little teapot short and stout......"
Beautiful things happen while having
tea with children.....the little "extras" feed
the soul and nurture the senses. Again,
it's that unhurried conversation that is
the spirit of the tea party.
-
There are few hours in my life more
agreeable than the hour dedicated to the
ceremony know as afternoon tea.
~Henry James

I completely agree with that......Dee Dee