Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Garden Colors....

Continuing to bloom....lavender Crape Myrtle Along the pathway....a Crape Myrtle Shrub
Knockout Rose....by the pool
When opening the blinds this morning,
the first thing I saw was a sweet ole
pink "knockout rose" just showing itself off.
-
We've had so much rain this summer,
the rose has tripled in size. In the past,
I've taken the scissors and trimmed
off the dead blooms, thinking this
the thing to do. Not so, it seems,
they shed themselves, while continuing
to produce new blooms without any
assistance from me. Seemingly,
not be bothered in the Florida heat,
the natural rainfall is enough moisture for them.
-
As I walked through the garden taking
photos....I thought of how the dominant summer colors,
were all my favorites.
While I'm not thinking of winter just yet, I did have quick
thought of how then, the garden landscape
colors will completely change.
-
Hmmm....remembering cooler days and
my large white potted winter Roses ......Dee Dee