Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunset

We finished dinner early,
tidied up things and hurriedly
drove to Honeymoon Island.
Many of you know this to be
a favorite place, surrounded
by the waters of the
Gulf of Mexico.
We were on a mission of sorts,
to watch the sunset and time
was getting short for the event.
As we crossed over the causeway,
we became aware of the
low tide.
It is a constant with me, to look
for photo opportunities, and so
it was that we spotted an abandoned
Catamaran
bobbing in shallow waters.
The sun was setting and I had
little time to take a photo, if
we were to make it out
to the island.
-
Upon reviewing my photos, I was completely
inspired to paint. In lieu of the photo
you are seeing the results of my humble efforts....
I call it "Low Tide on the Causeway."
-
Embers of light glow softly,
Soon the sun will rest.
The glow of daylight closes,
Soon stars will touch the skies.
The glory of God in the heavens.
~Starrlette L. Howard
-
Look up to the skies and behold;
regard the heavens high above you.
~Job 35:5
-
Blessings.....Dee Dee