Sunday, May 16, 2010

Whimsical drawing .....Elizabethan era?


What to do on a rainy Sunday
afternoon....let the imagination
venture in all sorts of lovely
directions, I say.
I suppose my drawings of period
women seems somewhat
whimsical to most, and I wholeheartedly agree.
I never know what might develop
when I begin with my pencils and watercolors,
but, at some point the
drawing takes on bit of a personality.
This being no exception, meet
"Lady Butterfly"
I'm thinking perhaps she's
from days of Plutarch.....or the
Elizabethan era?
The philosopher himself once said
"Painting is silent poetry and
poetry is painting."
Could it possibly be that
my butterfly lady could be?
-
Well...maybe not.
"Ahhh....the freedom to express one's self ....
priceless!"
Dee Dee
click on paintings to enlarge...