Thursday, May 13, 2010

......summertime and the reading is easy....

A new kind of read for me....
"Gilead" by Marilyn Robinson.
Having just begun to read,
already I have marked a page
to refer back to at a later
time.....something written
to ponder.
I have read enough to
appreciate the writer's
gift for using beautiful
language.
With no chapters, the story
captures the splendors
and pitfalls of being alive,
viewed through the prism of
how soon it all ends. Rev.Atl. Jrnl.
James Ames, 76 years old,
coming to
the end of his life is
reflecting back on it
all, while writing a letter
to his young son.
-
Sometimes I have loved the peacefulness
of an ordinary Sunday. It is like standing
in a newly planted garden after a warm rain.
You can feel the silent and invisible life.
All it needs from you is that you take care
not to trample on it.
-
I continue to read.....
and
I also continue to paint, with reading in mind.
Good blessings for the day....Dee Dee