Wednesday, May 12, 2010

......life is good

A small grouping of palm trees,
close to the water's edge, is our
favorite place to watch the
sunset. Imagine our surprise
this evening, when we
happened on this fellow
hanging out with the same
idea in mind.
My first thoughts were,
this guy is the epitome
or maybe even the
personification of
relaxation.
We would learn that
nothing could be further
from the truth.
-
Inquiring if I might take
a photo or two,
his response was.....
"Go right ahead, but
I just have to tell you
what is going in in my life!",
This is my birthday, and
my daughter is in labor,
about to give birth
to my grandchild!"
-
It is not every day one can stumble
upon an expectant grandfather,
whiling away the labor hours,
in a hammock by the sea.
But, there he was,
cell phone in hand,
talking back and forth with
family members.
-
I took a couple of photos,
we congratulated him, and
wished him well.
As we walked on down the
beach, we agreed that he
was one stressed out and happy guy.
-
Up ahead were the "shell seekers"
and we would join them. It was low tide
and a good time to look for shells
as we waited for the sun to set.
Ah, life is so good.....Dee Dee
click on photo to enlarge