Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Tuscany Street

A street in Tuscany
far away from my beloved Florida
Gulf Coast.....
-
To have the Internet at
my finger tips, is to allow
visits to far away
places in just a matter of
moments.
And so it was in Tuscany, that I found
old streets lined
with aged stuccoed buildings
with lovely tiled roofs.
-
The setting pictured,
caught my artistic eye,
having an outside mural of
Mary and Child,
a green shuttered window,
potted plants on the sill
and a motorcycle
left parked on the street.
-
I love the whole composition,
as it tells me a lot about the
people living in the community.
-
As is a usual thing, I always have fun
recreating scenery on paper,
using my pencils and watercolors and,
my digital camera solarize setting....
The camera......really liking the results....
Blessings.....Dee Dee
click on painting to enlarge, if you like.....