Monday, May 31, 2010

....lovin this "Ole Blue Bell Jar"


It's a favorite place of mine.....a little
antique shop, not too far from the island.
Seems, they have a continuous flow
of lovely old things.
Now that the flowers are blooming,
I'll be bringing them inside.
Keeping the cottage theme in mind,
I've been on a mission to find an old
milk bottle and blue Ball jars.
I found them right away....
a few dealers had the blue
jars alright, a one quart size $24.95 and
the two quart size $30.00.
Not my idea of a bargain, so I
wondered about looking in every
nook and cranny.
I saw it on the top shelf, and got a
little short of breath when I saw
the handmade sale price tag
read $9.00.
I came home, scrubbed it up all nice
and clean....and
popped some little white Cottage Roses
into some fresh cool water.
Hmmm.....I'm thinking
Pink Peonies next. In this "ole
blue Bell jar," they will look
mighty pretty.
Blessings......Dee Dee