Thursday, May 20, 2010

Celebrating Summer

This year, I'm seeing our beaches in the present
and longing for the glamour and styles of old Florida.
Adrift in what seems like endless carefree summer days,
I'm feeling and seeing in my mind's eye all that
was the "Sunshine State's" charm, from days of yesteryear.
-
I'm thinking I should be wearing, flowing white gauzy fabric dresses, and
fabulously large brimmed hats......perfect beach strolling attire.
-
I love that I can these days, meander unrestrained by the Gulf waters edge,
allowing the summer days
to develop gracefully......as I indulge in all that is good,
all that is summer.
I continue to allow my imagination to soar from
one thing to another, always gladly adding
to my long and continuously
growing list of things I must do.
Blessings.....Dee Dee
click on painting to enlarge