Saturday, May 22, 2010

Looking A Little Closer.....



A favorite place for a late afternoon stroll, is
The Memorial Park in Safety Harbor Florida....
a short drive from my home.
It's a lovely place....lots of folks stirring about
with their pets, all enjoying a bit of nature.
I love this setting of the old gentleman with
his little dachshund......sitting along the water's edge,
waiting for the sun to set.
-
All well and good, and it made a nice photo....but,
as you can see, I was drawn more to the
plants and flowers.
-
While trying to get good macro shots,
leaning very close to the plants,
I found something much more fantastic,
than anything else going on in the park.
I zoomed in a little closer and was
mesmerized by what was taking place
almost completely hidden from view.
I had discovered
delicate little yellow Milkweed flowers,
busying about multiplying
by
propagating seeds.
A gentle breeze was blowing, spreading
them all throughout the small
garden space.
-
I've never been more
pleased to find that my small digital camera
was able to capture the whole magnificent
procedure.
If you like, double click on the photos
for an extremely close look.
Blessings.....Dee Dee