Saturday, August 21, 2010

Using bold colors and crazy motifs.....

Pattern pouch in front of book.
Ribbon BlanketSoft Rattle


This little book is a complete treasure.
"Simple Sewing For Baby"
Lotta Jansdotter projects and illustrations.
24 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers
-
How nice it is, that
the patterns come with the book, all
tucked away nicely in a pouch inside
the front cover.
-
The book
belongs to my youngest daughter, mother
of four, ages 9 mos to 7 years.
She loaned me this book today,
knowing I'm fast and busy making
things for grandchildren....two more on the way.
-
She had made so many sweet things, including the soft rattles.
I've watched the baby play with them, seeing
how they fit perfectly in little
chubby baby boy hands.
The ribbons are a curiosity to him
and I love watching as he tries to
get them in his mouth.
He is one hundred % lovable.
-
Same with the Ribbon Blanket.....is this
great or what?
I can't wait to get started!
-
Already, I have my list of things to buy at the fabric shop.
I plan to embrace new brightly patterned fabrics.
Have you noticed
young families are no longer
into pinks and blues for baby?
-
When I post my handmade baby items, be prepared to see
bold colors and crazy motifs.
-
I suppose you could say I am keeping up with baby times.
-
Hugs....Dee Dee