Monday, August 16, 2010

Embroidery Art....Mother and Child

I've been brainstorming about
all sorts of things I can make
with the theme of "mother and child."
While working on baby quilts,
I've also begun a small pillow
for the expectant mother.
-
Aware of my drawing
skills, this very sweet young lady
will be surprised
to receive
a new form of art from me....
"embroidery art"
I've been inspired by Mary Cassatt,
an American painter and printmaker
who lived in the eighteen hundreds.
-
My work efforts, are coming along nicely....
what you see, are the
beginning stages.
The fabric is a soft cotton
and my threads will be browns and taupe.
I'm pleased actually, with my first
efforts, but like anything else,
the more I do, the better I'll get.
This is a learning process and so much fun!
-
Have a lovely week..... Hugs.....Dee Dee