Monday, August 2, 2010

David Copperfield and Toby Jugs

Micawber and W C Fields in David Copperfield



Last evening we watched on TCM,
Charles Dickens's David Copperfield.
"Performances extraordinaire"....I say.
It was an old black and white film with
W C Fields.
Is it just me, or do you find
that these old films and actors were
"spot on" when it came to good clean entertainment?
-
Now, I'm not complaining, thankfully,
I can watch what I want...
That's the beauty of selections I've found through
Netflix, allowing
me to select the better talent, and then
Turner Classic Movies,
The Hallmark Channel and
Masterpiece theater on Sunday
evenings. No need to bother with rubbish!
-
By now, your wondering what the Toby Jugs have
to do with actors and movies.
The answer is, absolutely nothing.
It's just that I was thinking of the Dickens's story
while sorting through my jug collection.
-
........funny little characters, don't you think?
Happy Monday......Dee Dee