Tuesday, January 20, 2009

White House Gardens


I've been thinking this evening of the Obama's new home, the White House. Upon hearing that they've asked Michael Smith to decorate for them, I did a little research into his style of decorating. It is my belief that the White House will be transformed in a way befitting this beautiful young, stylish family. One can only imagine how Mrs. Obama must feel selecting colors, fabrics and new furnishings. A labor of love, I'm quite sure. I wonder if she will enjoy the gardens and find them a place of comfort. Perhaps they might be a place so incredibly beautiful and calming, that she can escape from her duties as "First Lady" for just a while. I wonder if she might enjoy the garden roses fun to pick, placing them in vases somewhere in her new home. I hope so......
Photos Google Images....click on them