Thursday, January 22, 2009

Making Hearts






Here on the Gulf Coast of Florida, we count it a blessing to have these cold winter days. When it happens, we stay indoors just like the folks living up North. Some of the blogs I visit are in very cold parts of the world. In these places I get inspiration from ladies of all ages, through their creative ideas with sewing, art, knitting and all sorts of wonderful things. I have seen beautiful hearts made in faraway places like Norway and Sweden. I especially like the colors they use...mostly whites and beiges. There's just something gratifying about making things with your hands and giving them away. I am busy as can be making hearts that will all be given away. Nothing says more about kindness and love than a hand made stuffed fabric heart. As you can see by my photos, I have been inspired in all sorts of ways, but I seem to like my hearts quite plain. I've been using antique lace found at an estate sale, back in the summer. Well..... I'm off to the craft store today to find more embellishments. I wish you all a "heart felt" day.......