Friday, January 2, 2009

New and Favorite Old Reads...

One of my favorite places to hang out is Barnes & Noble and tonight I was in heaven looking over just about every kind of book you can imagine. I found myself in the section with some great old Classics, and thought it might be a fun thing to re-read them. A Dickens fan from way back I will be reading Great Expectations. The story is richly comic and immensely readable. Also, I could read again and again and again, Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. Generations of readers young and old have fallen in love with the March sisters, united in their devotion to one another and their struggles to survive in New England during the Civil War. Lastly, in keeping with my interest in historical readings, "A MIRACLE" That Changed The World....The 5000 Year Leap....Principles of Freedom 101. Obviously not a Classic, it is a book of discovery. The 28 Principles of Freedom our Founding Fathers said must be understood and perpetuated by every people who desire peace, prosperity, and freedom. This is a study about the principles of the Constitution by The National Center for Constitutional Studies. Well, I've got a nice glass of European Soda.. (Fresh Market..Prod. of France), a very comfortable chair, a gloriously quiet room...Shhhhh.....I'm about to begin reading......