Friday, January 30, 2009

A Favorite Book and Candlelight


At Home With White~Atlanta Bartlett with words by Karena Callen
Words taken from the book.....At Home With White reveals that, no matter what your personal style happens to be, white can work in every home. Classic, timeless, easily adapted to changing fashions, and brilliant for maximizing light, it is far from being bland, boring, or clinical. Well...that pretty much says it for me, I need no more convincing that white is my style. I love it...further reading into the book tells how to combine white slipcovers, limewashed walls, pale wood floors to create the spirit of a beachside bungalow. Living on the coast, this seems to work for me, but white works just about anywhere, whether you live in an uptown apartment, a chic city townhouse, or a charming country cottage. If you like white, but are having doubts that white is the color for you, get this book, At Home With White....it will change your mind. Well, the house is warm and cozy, the candle's glowing ...I'm reading each page and taking in all the details.....hmmmmm