Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaugural Ball


I've been watching the Inaugural Balls all evening long. Seems the organizers have arranged them quite nicely. Each ball has an orchestra, entertainment and refreshments. President Obama and his wife attend each ball, a few words are spoken by the President, they dance, wave goodbye to all the enthusiastic supporters and off they go. This sort of thing never seems to change, and I would say each Inauguration, for as long as I can remember, follows the same tradition. I've been thinking about that today. After a while of seeing the same old thing....one grows weary. I noticed this was the case with President Obama and his wife Michelle. Would it not be a good thing to just change the last Ball of the night to break up the monotony? Why not a masked Ball?? Hmmmm.....