Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration

The eyes of the world are on Washington D. C. awaiting the inauguration of Barack Obama. An historical occasion of vast proportions, to say the least. From what I've been hearing and seeing, things in Washington are taking on the feel of the Super Bowl, with everyone focused on the same thing. The atmosphere will be one of great anticipation by the estimated crowd of over one million people, there to see history in the making. I've been thinking this week of our first President and his inauguration. I've read a lot about George Washington, a man of faith and how he governed during the time of our country's beginnings. He had great challenges and so too will Mr. Obama. I find it interesting that Abraham Lincoln's name has come up a time or two in comparing Mr. Obama to him. I understand Lincoln's Bible will be used during the ceremony, and for this I am thankful. Tomorrow we will get the first glimpse of our new President's style as we observe the swearing in of the first African American President. I for one will continue to pray for President Obama, after all, he is just a man elected to serve the people of this great nation. He has made many promises and a lot is expected of him.... he will need help from the Almighty.