Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Something Helpful But Not Essential

The Encyclopedia's explanation for a bust is a sculpture depicting a person's chest, shoulders, and head, usually supported by a stand. These three-dimensional forms recreate a likeness of an individual. I have two of these in my home, and enjoy them as an art form, a decorative item, an accessory. I looked up the meaning of the word accessory and found that it explains what every woman has been telling their husbands for centuries. When asked about purchasing an accessory, all men have wondered why women have need of such things. There again, Encyclopedia has a good explanation....the meaning of accessory is something helpful, but not essential. I couldn't have said it better myself, thus my reasoning behind the two sculptured bust in my home decor. Hmmmm.....