Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Secret Garden




To know me, is to know how much I love flowers and gardening. It was common place in my family to be one with nature. My grandmother taught me how to care for a garden. How, together with nature one can produce food for nourishment, and flowers for enjoyment. It is difficult but rewarding to plant some flowers in the Florida soil. A labor of love, we have experimented with several different types and have been pleased as a result of our efforts. My post have shown several photos of our garden. Today's focus is on another garden. In our travels, we seem to find great pleasure in visiting public gardens. In addition to that, we find enjoyment in hidden places off the normal pathway...secret gardens .....little gardens of solitude. These places are seen by few, but should be seen by many. This place boasted of beauty and surprise in every corner....more like a little courtyard, we were mesmerized.