Tuesday, April 27, 2010

.....washed up from the ocean floor



It was low tide when we arrived on the
beach this afternoon.
Perfect!
I had my camera along for the occasion,
and my plan was to take
photos of interesting
things that had washed up from the ocean floor.
We had one heck of a storm a couple
of days ago, and when that happens,
lots of folks come out to look for treasures.
I consider every little thing
somewhat fascinating and a bit of
a curiosity.
In these photos, there is a conglomeration
of seaweed, rocks and shells.
The green seaweed is in shallow water,
and was waving back and forth as the
waves came in and out.
Taking a closer look, I found tiny fossils and
bits of coral.
I took lots of photos that I'll use in my
post this week.
The day was absolutely beautiful...
My header shows a little of the
new landscaping on Honeymoon Island...
New palm trees and sea grapes have been
planted.... We're thankful that it still
has that natural feel...as though man
is nowhere in the picture.....everything
is carefully thought out by the
park managers, to allow for
a safe haven for the wildlife.
.....have you ever noticed that walking
on the beach takes no effort at all?
How far did we walk? .....a long way...
Feeling a little tired this evening
.....but a good tired.
Dee Dee
click on photos to enlarge