Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beach Observations...

Pretty much everywhere I go, I'm very
observant of the people around me.
Boy well (southern expression),
the folks at the beach the other day gave me plenty of
"fodder" (available material used to supply a heavy demand),
that I could use for future drawings or paintings.
While walking through the crowds on the beach,
I was snapping all kinds of photos.
It was a beautiful thing, seeing
plain ole americana at it's finest.
The beach was covered with all sorts of patterned unbrellas
and under each one, a different grouping of people.
There were moms and dads with very small children...
......under these umbrellas I saw some pretty amazing sand castles.
Then there was a Tommy Hillfiger umbrella
shading your more sophisticated beach goer.
My favorite, a polka-dotted umbrella
shaded three ladies having some serious conversation.
I would walk by them later as they
were packing up to leave the beach.
That's right...two of them are in the painting
seen here...wearing
some pretty stylish nylon chiffon cover-ups.
You might notice,I drew them
still talking.
Anyway...just having fun with some beach observations.
Blessings....Dee Dee