Thursday, April 1, 2010

....enjoying the Easter message

Easter Parade...Judy Garland Doll by Jim Johnson
I've been doing it all my life, so
yesterday I found myself
shopping for
the perfect outfit to wear on
"Easter Sunday"
In the old days, this would
have included clothing from
the top of my head, to the
tip of my toes.
Beginning with a spectacular hat,
a new and stylish dress, gloves,
handbag, stockings and of
course...new patent leather shoes.
This was the custom for our whole
family, our friends and
neighbors. Everyone went to church
on Easter Sunday morning..... and
were they ever "styling."
-
Maybe what we do now
days is more in line with the way
the first Christians may have brought
recognition to the most important celebration
in our faith.
In my church, most likely we'll do without
any extravagance....We'll all dress conservative, for
we will be in a moment
of thanksgiving much like the earlier churches
-
I'm imagining the first Christians gathered together,
their focus completely on thanking God for Jesus.
They would be reading His words that had been
written down.
Hmmm....enjoying the Easter message
this week, hoping you are too.....Dee Dee