Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW CAME DOWN.....

Moose spotted out by the fence....Mother Nature helped decorate the wreaths....

We are "pea green with envy"......Family in Cooperstown cuddled up with nice warm blankets, sitting by the "Pellet Stove" on a cold December night...... It gets better....they are snowed in! How wonderful does that sound to me?? It sounds just grand, considering the temp here on the coast of Florida today was in the high 70s. Doggone it, when it's Christmastime, you want it to look like those old fashioned Christmas cards......snow, sleigh rides, warm fireplace, snow angels, ice skating on the pond and of course a Snow Man in every yard. Photos taken this morning in a Cooperstown snow storm, by my daughter....a labor of love. Out in the snow with trusty "muckers" on...weathering the wind and snow she took snow pics for us and sent them our way via the internet. The Moose photo is now on my desktop. Doesn't he look great? He's made of wood, but in the snow storm he has taken on a more realistic look.....gotta love him. Hmmm......if I close my eyes I can just about imagine lovely snow flakes slowly drifting down from the sky.....I can almost feel the cold wind and my feet getting cold....I love the snow and I do miss it, especially at Christmas......