Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Christmas Spirit"

I had a nail appointment today. Just one of those things I do for myself. I'm not so sure what I enjoy most....having my nails done, or all the "goings on" in the Beauty Shop. Most women know what I'm talking about when I say you can learn more about our world in those few hours we spend with beauticians and nail techs, than any other place we might frequent. We cover it all, from hair styles, fashion, politics, girl talk and the latest gossip in "Hollywood"...... I hear things like, "I have this 22 year old guy who is interested in me....should I go out with him?" "I hate my hair this way, this growing out stage is driving me crazy." "Where did you get those shoes girl?" Some of the things I hear.... I will spare you the messy details. I've been going to the same Shop for years and genuinely love all these young ladies. I feel good when I leave, having had my share of laughs at their "just plain fun" humor. Today the conversation made my heart happy as they discussed the needy family they would buy Christmas gifts for. The shop humor had changed to a more serious subject, and I recognized it right away....it was the "Christmas Spirit" .....