Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nutcracker...Moscow Ballet Company




The Theater, The Orchestra and The Ballet......these are a few of my favorite things. All during the year I enjoy all of these at Ruth Eckerd Hall, a wonderful theater located not far from my home in Clearwater Florida. But none of the performances during the year come close to bringing on the happiness I feel when I attend "The Nutcracker Ballet" each year at Christmas. My daughter a former Ballerina, my little five year old granddaughter a beginner Ballerina and I never having been a Ballerina, have been doing this together for quite some time now. Oh yes, this is an important annual tradition for us and we go all out for the occasion dressing in our finest theater attire. For the past few years we have seen the Miami City Ballet Company perform, but this year we are more excited than ever, for The Moscow Ballet Company is performing, along with The Florida Orchestra. This is indeed a most glorious time of year......