Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Year's Resolutions....


Have you made any New Year's Resolutions? I've been giving this a lot of thought this year. Upon awakening of a morning, I sometimes begin with prayer, talking to the Lord about pretty much anything that comes to mind. Lately I've been giving it a lot of thought as to what my "legacy" might be. Looking back over the years, I have been so blessed. Long ago, I realized that God has placed a burden on my heart, to do for others. It is on my mind continually that it is time to make a difference and give back. I've been praying that God reveals to me what it is He wants me to accomplish for Him. I don't expect it to be anything quite as grand as an Angel visiting me as one visited Bernadette Soubirous back in 1858. She was a French peasant girl that had an experience that forever changed her life and the town of Lourdes where she lived. While gathering firewood with her sister and a friend, she saw a vision of the Virgin Mary in a grotto. The "lady" instructed her to dig in the ground with her hands which resulted in the discovery of an underground spring. The water was soon found to have healing powers and the town of Lourdes became a haven for the sick and afflicted from all over the world. My prayer is that God would direct me and use me in a mighty way this next year. My "New Year's Resolution" is that I will seek and find His will.....

Photo by Norman Rockwell....Jennifer Jones portrayal of Bernadette