Monday, November 9, 2009

Snowbirds

They're back! The Snowbirds.... folks who spend a large portion of the winter, here in the warm climate of Florida. I had noticed the traffic being heavier than usual, but nothing could have prepared me for the thousands that attended the Art Festival this past Sunday, held here each year, in our small village. Oh, we've had crowds in the past, but this was incredible. After setting in traffic for thirty minutes, and still longer to wait for parking, we decided it just wasn't worth it. "Let the "Birds" have it this time, I said, we'll find something else to do." And so we did. Reading was in order for the Mister and I would paint.
When I brought out my drawing pencils and watercolor paints, I was still thinking of the Snowbirds. Somehow, this led me to thinking of a real birds...... Thus, my painting of a "Cardinal." We have plenty of these around here also. Blessings..... Dee Dee