Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Primitive Christmas?

I suppose it's a bit unusual for me to be attracted to primitive Christmas decorations. That all ended, sort of, when I strolled through a favorite place to shop yesterday. Almost primitive Adirondack, might be a good name for what I was seeing. I could almost feel the heat from the fireplace and smell the pine. Gingham, jute, burlap, tree bark, bears and moose were all there for the making of a good old fashioned mountain home Christmas. I suppose most of these things would be out of place in my Florida home, well....for anytime other than Christmas. Don't you know I picked up a bag full of that "stuff" and have all kinds of fun ideas for decorating the family room. A garland of bells and red gingham bows tied to jute....cutest thing in the world, don't you think?
Blessings..... Dee Dee