Wednesday, November 11, 2009

At Home In Mitford~Jan Karon

Excerpt....
"Well, I took down th' New testament you brought me, an' I said, I b'lieve I'll just crack this open f'r a minute-I knew I didn't want t' go gettin' no religion out of it, nossir.
"So I baited me a hook an I put it on m' fishin' line and went 'n' sat on th' creek bank, an' done somethin' I hadn't done since I was a boy- I tied th' line on m' big toe. You know, that makes sense, you don't have t' mess with a pole. That way, when you get a bite, you know it, and all y' have t' do is just pull 'er in. Time savin'!
"So I was settin' there an' I commenced t' read, and first thing you know, I was dead into it. I'd catch me a crappie, take it off th' hook, bait up again, and go back t' readin.' I done that all day, and by th' time I'd fried me some fish and eat a good dinner, it come to me plain as day that m' faith was back. God Almighty had put his hand on me again after all these years. you know what I figure?" "What's that?"
"I figure what can y' lose? Jesus said, "Verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." Blessings...... Dee Dee