Monday, November 2, 2009

Bright Star

It seems, a little movie of poetry and love, has many folks buzzing, according to Vanity Fair. It hit theaters in September, unbeknown to me, but of course that's not so unusual, sense we seldom go to movie theaters. This is one movie, I do hope to see and soon actually. I like Keats's, and look forward, a great deal, to seeing, what I've read and heard about him, and his dear Fanny. The plot....love comes to a free-thinking poet and a beautiful young woman. The poet is the genius John Keats and the woman is his neighbor Fanny Brawne. Their love is as epic, as the poetry it inspired, including Keats's famous poem Bright Star, for which the film is named. Keats wrote Fanny more than 30 letters, notes, and poems, so this says something for his infatuation with her. I watched the trailer and this line is especially nice..... Keats speaking to Fanny....."I wish we were butterflies and lived but three summer days.....I could fill them with more delight than fifty years that common life could ever contain." Look for my review in a future post. Blessings.....Dee Dee