Friday, November 6, 2009

Pumpkin Soup ~Helen Cooper

I did so enjoy my visit to Barnes & Noble today. Right inside the front door was a table, stacked with beautiful Christmas story books. This kind of display will draw me to it like a magnet. I have little self control when it comes to Christmas stories. There were large books, medium sized books and tiny little books, all attracting my attention with beautiful covers and interesting titles. Am I the only one, or are there others like me who just have to pick up and look through all the small books. I love these little books! They are 3"x 5".... and have beautifully illustrated book covers. I wanted to bring them all home with me.....set them on a bookshelf and just look and admire them, from now through Christmas! But then, my practical side kicked in and I sadly walked away. I made my way over to the customer service desk and inquired, "do you have Tasha Tudor's Christmas Book?" They did not, and I told them they should. "Tasha is spoken of with much love and affection in the blog world," I told them. So I headed on back to the children's book section. Again I found myself struggling with temptation while approaching the children's Christmas story books table. Eventually I came to the Thanksgiving section, this being the reason for coming into the store, and found "Pumpkin Soup"......a most suitable little story book, for the season, and most appropriate for the small children in my life.
Pumpkin Soup is a story book about a group of friends who have their routine all sorted out.
Cat, Squirrel and Duck are three friends who make pumpkin soup together every day. They always do it the same way. But one day.............
This is a book that communicates the idea of sharing.
An appropriate time of the year for this read, so beautifully illustrated, all young children should love this little story.
Blessings.... Dee Dee