Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Little Melancholy

Drinking tea and thinking of family and friends.........
Somehow, I'm not so sure about this "Daylight Savings Time." Darkness comes way too early and I feel as though I'm preparing the evening meal much too late. I tolerate the change however, and somehow by the time the holidays roll around, I will have adjusted.
Like so many others forced to end the day much too soon, the mister and I are relaxing this evening, with a nice cup of tea. We're a little melancholy tonight, thinking of family and friends living up north. There, they are dealing with all the leaves that have fallen from the trees. That's a lot of raking......and, it's getting colder. "Winter is near."
Gathering Leaves
by Robert Frost
Spades take up leaves no better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves are light as balloons.
I make a great noise of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer running away.
But the mountains I raise elude my embrace
Flowing over my arms and into my face.
I may load and unload again and again
Till I fill the whole shed, and what have I then?
Next to nothing for weight, and since they grew duller
From contact with earth next to nothing for color.
Next to nothing for use but a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where the harvest shall stop?
Blessings....... Dee Dee