Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Keeping With The FALL Theme




I'm mulling over some photos taken when we visited upstate New York in 2007. We drove to Old Forge early one morning, and boarded an old vintage train that would take us into the Adirondack mountains. As the train traveled along the tracks, I could see a land that was barren, somewhat desolate and seemingly lifeless. I remember searching for wildlife and saw none..... and noticing I saw no birds. It was late fall, and many of the trees had already shed their leaves. Some were still making a show of brilliant color. Almost a blur, I could see splashes of gold, reds and umber as we moved over the rails. As I'm looking over the photos, I'm remembering how important it was that I never forget the experience and wanting to capture this vastness and beauty of the wilderness. The train had large old fashioned windows, and I would struggle to open one, in order to have clearer photos. When the window finally opened, I remember the cold mountain air surprising me, and taking my breath for a moment. I held my camera steady and began clicking off one picture after the other, hoping for at least a few to be in focus. The ones shown here, are just a few of the many that turned out beautifully, all lasting memories of the magnificence of the Adirondacks.
Blessings..... Dee Dee