Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Generational Candy? Maybe.......

No longer do I fight the urge.... "I am guilty as charged."
Chocolate covered cherries are a delectable seasonal weakness.
They do not come in a fancy box, nor is it necessary. They are not found in finer department stores, or ritzy little specialty candy shops. They are not in the same league as Godiva candies nor do they try to compete. Plain and simple, they can be found on the shelves of your favorite drug store, right before Thanksgiving. I have the feeling this is a candy that belongs to my generation, and we are responsible for their appearance year after year. Once upon a time, in my childhood, a chocolate covered cherry was perfect with a big glass of milk. This evening we enjoyed a nice after dinner coffee. Placed on the saucer??? You guessed it. One very drippy syrupy scrumptious chocolate covered cherry! Blessings..... Dee Dee