Friday, February 20, 2009

An Unexpected Visitor



One of the things I really like about living on the coast, is the wildlife. Today we were visited by a young Blue Heron. What a sweet little guy. The mister noticed him just as he flew inside the pool area and motioned for me to come quickly. No doubt the bird had spotted the water during flight. I ran for the camera and by the time I came to the window, he was walking down the pavers and into the courtyard. Being careful not to make a noise and frighten him, I slowing peeked through the curtains just as he flew upwards and landed on the fence. What an amazing creature I thought as I examined how beautifully made he was. I snapped off as many shots as was possible, before he flew away. No sooner was he here, and he was gone. Hmmm....I don't know, we kind of hoped our unexpected visitor might have stayed a while longer.click on photos...