Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Having Fun With Vintage Paper

Sandra Evertson's Fanciful Paper Projects..... Vintage papers are the focus of the eclectic projects.

From early childhood, I have enjoyed working with paper. Sitting for hours, cutting paper dolls were a favorite form of entertainment. I've never outgrown the enjoyment of cutting paper things, and it may sound odd to some, but one of the attractions for me in Home Companion's magazine, has always been the paper dolls. When the new magazine arrives I can hardly wait to tear out the treasured page and begin cutting. All this is leading up to the "Ah Hah" moment I had a few days ago at the craft store. While looking at craft books, I was completely surprised to find one titled Fanciful Paper Projects...Making Your Own Posh Little Follies. A bandbox on the cover, caught my attention. I opened the book and began turning the pages. Let's just say I was at a loss for words. Beautiful vintage style follies, with instructions, patterns and list of materials needed. Things from a theatrical shadowbox to an elegant ballerina. I am gratiously pleased that Sandra Evertson and I have lots in common. Well, it's almost heavenly planning a project and I'm quite enjoying once again being surrounded by paper dolls....