Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Card Lady"

Seems as though I've been sending out a lot of cards lately. I'm a "card lady" so that's not a bad thing, I enjoy it. I send the usual greeting cards such as birthday cards and holiday cards but my favorite time to send cards is for no reason at all. Lately the cards have been of condolence or get well and in today's mail, one of encouragement to a sweet friend and another to a thirteen year old teenager battling cancer. More and more friends are finding that they have serious illnesses and it hurts my heart when I hear this. I try to stay in touch through all the treatment period, knowing how much it means to hear a kind word or words of encouragement. A while back I discovered a place to purchase my cards. Family Christian Stores have the best. One of my favorites are cards by Rose Mary Harris. I hope some of you have found them, they are easily recognizable with tiny little woolly sheep on them. The designer name is "Really Woolly," perfectly named as Julie Sawyer paints the Shepherd's woolly flock to life. Ms Harris has a sweet testimony on the back of her cards and the envelopes have verses from the Holy Bible. The card shown, one of my favorites, is just beautifully written as a letter from the Lord to encourage the one receiving it. The ending words ....know that you are loved, and let that love fill you with peace this day. I'm here for you now and always. Your Savior and Shepherd, Jesus. Ah yes...it is true what James Barrie once said "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."