Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Sweet Sweet Memory



Do you have items or collectibles in your home that stir up emotions or sweet memories? One of my most cherished possessions, is a beautiful pink depression glass bowl that belonged to my grandmother. I remember as a child, standing at her curio cabinet, completely enthralled at all her "pretties." She would always remind me that one day some of them would belong to me. Several years ago, my mother-in-law and I shopped for accessories to decorate her new home. She had beautiful antique Victorian style furnishings and our shopping led us to a small shop that promised to have what we were looking for. Together we decided upon a crystal candle holder. I remember how pleased she was as we placed it in her living room that day. As the years passed, it remained in it's place and each visit, I would notice the crystals and think back on our special shopping day. It has a place in my home now. Every now and then I look upon the old candle holder with the beautiful crystals and I'm reminded of her. It brings on a few sad emotions, but then, I pause just long enough to think back on that day....a sweet sweet memory......