Saturday, February 21, 2009

GREEN


I thought of Betsy over at My Five Men, when I popped over to the website of Williams Sonoma furniture recently. I love when she does colors. She would call this post GREEN. Williams Sonoma's line of home decor is exquisite. I'm not a green lover normally when it comes to home decor, as a matter of fact, I have nothing green in my home. I did have Hunter green appliances when we bought our home back in the 80s....they are no longer...we have white appliances now. When poking around on the Internet, lingering much too long at designer decorating sites, I get interesting ideas, some I really like and some I don't. I'm most attracted, it seems, to decor that I would never have the courage to put in my home...but if I did, I would have bold fuchsia and aqua colors on French designed furniture with fabrics of brocaded velvet. If I could, I would live in a home with tall French windows, having miles of bright colored flowing fabric curtains. I would have mountains of bold colored pillows lying about. I would have a Harpsichord in the room with these bold colors, and I would learn to play it! Where did that come from? So you can see now why I found the green in these designer rooms to my liking. I'm imagining me on the sofa with a good book and I can visualize me in that very green bed, sleeping and dreaming in very vivid colors....all night long. I showed the pics to the mister. Hoping his reaction to be the same as mine, his response was somewhat expected ....."I don't think so Honey," and he walked away. I suppose the palette in my home will continue on with lovely whites for a while longer.....hmmmm