Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hyacinth-Hyacinthus




Hyacinthus is a genus of bulbous flowering plants......Well, I had to look that up and found it all so scientifically interesting. I also found it interesting that the plant originally came from the middle east, around Iran. What brought the Hyacinth to my home today, began with admiration of all those wonderful blogs located in the Netherlands, France and Italy. I visit some daily and love how they decorate, in the dead of winter, using all sorts of beautiful flowering bulbs along beside lovely candles. I'm also quite impressed with their great IKEA style home decor....hmmm... So, back to my favorite shop I went today and there they were....Hyacinths, and all colors....just beautiful. Of course I selected the white one, brought it home and placed it in my old heart shaped galvanized basket. I opened the front door, letting in some of that afternoon winter sunshine, cold air and all, placed it by the door, and began clicking off some photos. Oh sweet Hyacinth, you have made my heart feel happy today....