Monday, February 2, 2009

Love Made With Scraps


It has been raining for two days now....but I'm not complaining. Instead of getting out and about, I'm quite contented to find things to do inside. While going through a box of fabric I came across some scrap pieces I had saved in hopes of finding usage for them at a later time. I found fabric I had used to recover the bottom of an old French chair. Another scrap piece I had covered a small foot stool. I have neither the chair or the foot stool in my home now, so when I found the fabrics, I began reflecting back on my Shabby Chic days. What fun I had with that concept. My daughter and I were dashing about going to estate sales, flea markets and wonderful little antique shops. So, all morning long I have been going through fabrics and cutting out. Still working on Valentine gifts, I've even made some of the hearts in the "shabby chic" style for old times sake.