Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Better Attitude


When all is said and done, I suppose we really shouldn't grumble so much, but we all do. This time of year the tall oak tree in our front yard is shedding zillions of tiny leaves, so many you can hardly see the grass. The "lawn man" just cuts right through them, leaving the remains as mulch, a good thing. However, it seems the cool sea breezes are carrying an abundance of these oak leaves over the roof and into the pool...the reason for the grumble. This morning I determined to have a better attitude toward the leaf problem, and I actually found it somewhat invigorating to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air. I worked hard and fast and eventually finished. All proud of my efforts, I found this bit of exercise, skimming the leaves from the pool and cleaning up the deck area, actually rewarding. Although messy now, in a few days the oak tree will have new leaves and provide much needed shade from the hot Florida sun. I'm reminded of something once said by Dolly Parton....."The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain." So, no more grumbling!