Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Victoria Like

A gathering of my perfume bottles....some vintage and some new.....

I love the new Victoria magazine, and like all the others, I will read it in it's entirety. European Elegance From luxurious linens to feminine fragrances, Pom Pom Interiors melds Old-World charm with contemporary sophistication. Let me just say, I swooned over the images. Hilde Leiaghat, growing up in Belgium, showcases her line of linen, all things "boudoir"....Old-World essence. Favorite Things...Shimmer and Shine I could identify completely with this feature. I too, enjoy perfume bottles, old vintage and new.....the article noted they add a bit of old-Hollywood glamour to the bedroom. Not quite as elegant as those pictured in Victoria, images of my collection are shown. Also, splashed on the pages of the magazine, were quotes like this one by Bill Morgan Jr.... "Winter came down to our home one night/Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow..."
I think we could do nothing nicer for ourselves on a cold winter day, than to curl up in a comfortable chair, sip on a nice cup of Earl Grey and absorb this beautiful Victoria Bliss.
Blessings...... Dee Dee