Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Still Thriving

Delicate Impatiens.....tiny bud....
Markedly flawless forms...full bloom
Upon awakening this morning, I came to the realization, almost immediately, that the temperatures had dipped below freezing. Not a good thing considering I had not covered my Roses and other tropical plants, or a very large hanging basket filled with Coleus and Impatiens. Thankfully, they were just fine, somehow having survived the frigid weather. The hanging basket, located closer to the house is still thriving beautifully. I was so relieved, for the white Impatiens, are one of my favorites. As the sun was shining ever so brightly today, I took advantage of our good fortune and snapped off a few photos. *Note the white Impatiens.... At every step of the way, from the tiny delicate bud, to the fully developed blooms, they are markedly flawless forms ...so pleasingly beautiful to look at. Blessings..... Dee Dee