Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Painting

In order to be really good at anything, one has to be passionate about it. This has been true for me, and, in a few instances, throughout the years. I was once a weaver of baskets. Some days, I would begin the day dying reeds in various colors, then, sit for hours weaving and creating lovely colorful baskets. I was in constant motion in those days.
Attending art shows and selling my baskets, became a passion with me. Eventually the excitement wore off and I found other interest.
That's the way life is, I suppose.
I once had a passion for drawing and painting and now again, I have the same passion....perhaps even stronger than before. What I paint today, is completely different, however. I've been inspired by various illustrators of children's books..... like Tasha Tudor and Beatrix Potter. Reading to my grandchildren, has introduced me to some amazing illustrators.
Today, my intentions were to draw and paint with Valentines in mind. What you see is a young lady holding a purple heart. She came to my mind by way of the Victorian era. I know a little girl that says "Purple is my favorite color." She will like her.
Blessings...... Dee Dee