Friday, January 8, 2010

Amaryllis....A Reminder Of Spring



We are still experiencing below normal temperatures here on the Gulf coast of Florida. Not only is it cold outside today, it is cloudy and we've got a steady downpour of rain. So, I'm bundled up like an Eskimo and the thermostat is on numbers never used before, during the winter months. I can see evidence everywhere that folks around here are kinda liking the cold. Uggs are being worn for the first time, hats and gloves have become fashionable.
Can it be that we are actually having winter here in Florida? I like it! Well.....maybe a short winter is okay. To be truthful, I'm missing sunshine!!!
Thankfully, my Amaryllis is blooming again, even more beautiful than during Christmas.
Alas, it has reminded me of "SPRING" ....I can hardly wait!
Stay warm dear friends....Dee Dee