Friday, July 31, 2009

Sun Drops


Tiny purple Johnny Jump Ups.......
Garden snake.....beside the "Lamb's Ear"
Her little garden in all it's splendor.......*note the Mock Orange in header
I suppose it's in our DNA, beginning with my grandmother, all the girls in my family love flower gardening. So, when visiting my daughter recently, I was not surprised to find her garden thriving with all sorts of beautiful flowers. Her Mock Orange, in full bloom caught my attention immediately and beneath it, a sea of yellow. "What are these gorgeous yellow flowers?" I learned the Sun Drops had been planted the year before in a very small area. When spring arrived, it was apparent they had spread all over the garden, even requiring a bit of thinning. I recognized the Johnny Jump Ups, growing close by. They look like miniature Pansies. No sooner told to keep an eye out for the little snake that made it's home in the garden, than there it was. Looking harmless enough, I snapped it's picture and proceeded to wonder in the garden. Why, I think Betsy has these growing in her garden........Lamb's Ear, I believe..... click on photos