Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Favorite and Most Decadent Deserts

Banana's Foster (Google Images.... Brennans...New Orleans)
Flan......Creme Brulee....
I wonder why it is, that all of my favorite deserts seem complicated, taking a little extra time in preparation. I suppose it's a good thing, for it limits my accessibility to them. These I have only, when dining out. It is then that I savor each and ever bite. Now take Cream Brulee for example, just saying those words, seemingly sends my head reeling. This is a very tasty and most delicious desert. I was introduced to Banana's Foster, while dining at a local country club with friends. As I recall, they made suggestions for desert. The flamming Banana's Foster, when brought to our table, made a lasting impression. Upon tasting this amazing concoction, I declared it a favorite that very day. Then of course, there is Flan, a custard baked with a caramel glaze. I consider this a must have finish to fine Cuban dining. Flan is right up there at the top of the list of my favorite and most "decadent deserts." It seems fashionable to turn down deserts these days, but take my word for it...these three selections, are worth the splurge. Be blessed....Dee Dee